WSET Level 3 Award In Wine
These WSET courses provide nationally-recognised qualifications for Wine Industry professionals and enthusiastic amateurs. The courses are all examined and certificated within a QCA approved National Qualifications Framework (NQF Level 3). This course is on alternate Saturdays for 6 Saturdays, over twelve weeks. The six training days (10:00am-5:00pm) are: Saturday 17th and 31st Oct, 14th and 28th Nov, 12th Dec with exam on 19th Dec 2020
WSET Level 3 in Wines Award is an advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts.
For individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines, this qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and wine making. Upon completion you will be able to assess wines accurately, and use your understanding to confidently explain wine style and quality. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you'll learn
The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal still wines of the world, sparkling wines of the world and fortified wines of the world
How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products.
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a paper of short written answers. Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual
It is recommended that you hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
Not sure exactly what is covered in the Level 3 in Wines Course?
Click here to view the full Level 3 Course Specification (with Example Questions)
Saturday Sessions - who are they designed for?
- These are ideal for trade professionals and wine enthusiasts
- There are three x two hour classroom sessions each day, starting at 10.00am and finishing at 5.00pm with an hour break for lunch
- There are 5 full day sessions (30 classroom hours) and an exam session, spread out over 12 weeks. The final exam day is 11am - 3pm
- WSET recommends at least 54 hours of home study in addition to the 30 hours of classroom sessions.
Course Outline (all Saturdays)
- Week 1 - Sessions 1,2,3 - Intro, tasting technique, natural and human factors with grape-growing & human factors with winemaking
- Week 2 - Session 4,5,6 - Whites wines: Germany, Alsace, Austria, Tokaji, Burgundy, Loire, Bordeaux + Red / rose wines: Bordeaux, SW France, Loire
- Week 3 - Session 7,8,9 - Red wines: Burgundy, Wines of Rhone, South France, Spain, Portugal, Northern Italy
- Week 4 - Session 10,11,12 - Central & S Italy, Portugese reds, Premium New World reds and whites
- Week 5 - Session 13,14,15 - Regional new world wines, Sparkling Wines, Fortified Wines
- Week 6 - Session 6 - Exam Session
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- You're own set of 6 ISO professional tasting glasses for you to keep.
- All tasting wines (approx 50 wines)
- All course tuition
- Examination Papers (Theory Multiple Choice & Written plus Tasting Paper)
NottsDerby Wine School is part of Local Wine School, winner of the acclaimed 2015 Riedel WSET Wine Educator of the Year award beatting over 600 other providers.
This course is on alternate Saturdays for 6 Saturdays, over twelve weeks. The six training days (10:00am-5:00pm) are: Saturday 17th and 31st Oct, 14th and 28th Nov, 12th Dec with exam on 19th Dec 2020S
Payment installment scheme available on request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Course to be paid in Full prior to commencemnt of course.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 17th Oct 2020 at 10.00am
Venue: Jurys Inn, Station Street, Nottingham NG2 3BJ