Wine Tasting Nottingham and Derby from Notts Derby Wine School
Our face to face events will start again soon!
We’re currently working hard behind the scenes with our venues and plan to run our face to face events ass oon as possible. We will be introducing enhanced hygiene and social distancing measures designed to keep you safe and can’t wait to taste wine with our guests again.
Click here to find out more about the measures we will be taking to ensure our events are Covid safe. We will continue to closely monitor government guidelines as they evolve and working with our local venues we will issue any updates required in our guidance here.
In the meantime, you can continue to enjoy wine tasting from the comfort of your own home at one of our online events and our online WSET courses running from now into the New Year.
If you have any queries about an existing or future booking please click here e-mail us or give us a call.
Don't forget if you want to get together with family, work colleagues or friends we can organise a fun wine tasting evening for you. Check out the link HERE
Notts Derby Wine School is a local, independent wine education company which specialises in hosting wine tastings and wine courses in Nottingham and Derbyshire. Our courses are open to everyone and anyone; no previous wine tasting experience is necessary. Our wine courses and wine tastings focus on learning about wine in a relaxed and informal environment.
We also offer a full range of WSET professional Wine Courses.The best place to study WSET courses - with the 2015 Riedel WSET Educator of the Year Winner's Local Wine School network. This is the most sought-after award amongst wine schools worldwide - over 600 wine schools in 66 countries compete for the trophy - but there is only one winner.
- Learn about wine in a friendly and social environment
- Taste a wide range of wines side by side so you can taste the difference
- Receive impartial advice on other wines you might like to try
- Learn how to match wine with food
Our Wine Courses and evening Wine Tastings in Nottingham and Derby are for all levels of experience and focus on enjoying wine and learning in a relaxed setting.
Introduction To Wine Evening Courses
- We have a great range of Introduction To Wine evening courses in Nottingham. You'll enjoy a relaxed and fun night learning about how to taste wine properly, different grape varieties and a little food and wine matching with our range of nibbles too!
- Introduction To Wine - Only £22.50 - You'll try 6 different wines on this fun night. You'll be able to really see the difference in taste and flavour between different grape varieties. Buy A Gift Voucher
Introduction To Wine Saturday Day Courses in Nottingham and Derby
- Our Introduction To Wine Saturday Courses are available at our Nottingham and Derby Venues. A great way to spend an enjoyable day learning about wine and include lunch and Champagne! This Wine Tasting Day is suitable for those who haven't had any previous wine tasting experience; but with 13 great wines to taste and explore, we are sure that even those with a little knowledge will learn something new. Only £85.00 for a great day out or Buy A Gift Voucher.
4 Week New World VS Old World
- Join us on our 4 week exploration into the New and Old World wines. Which do you prefer? How can you tell the difference? You'll taste all the wines blind and over the 4 weeks try over 30 wines! Learn to identify what makes an Old World wine distinct from a New World Wine and which style you like! Only £50 for the 4 weeks (+ £10 each night supplement)
8 Week World of Wine Tour
- 8-Week World Tour - £95 is our flagship course. It runs for one evening over 8 consecutive weeks, with a different region explored each time. By the time you've finished the course you'll be a bit of an expert having tasted over 50 different wines! Don't worry about the time commitment either - if you can't make an evening you can just pick it up the next time around. A great way to meet like-minded people who share a passion for wine. Buy a Gift Voucher
World Of Wine Evening Courses
- We also have an exciting range of World Of Wine One Evening tastings in Nottingham focussed on individual countries and regions. Starting at 7.00pm - Come along and taste a selection of fantastic wines in a relaxed environment.
- Nights include, Chile and Argentina, UK and Germany, Bordeaux and Rhone, USA and South Africa, Burgundy and Loire. A great night trying a range of wines and learning a little about the country and regions and the wines it produces.
Food and Wine Workshops
- Food and Wine - Ever wondered which wine works well with which food? On our evening food and wine workshops you'll discover how and why certain wines work well with certain food styles, and why some really don't!! Check out the food and wine pairings coming up from our events list HERE
- Cheese and Wine - A match made in heaven....I agree! Join us to taste some classic cheese and wine pairings, from your Vintage Cheddar and Argentinian Malbec to your Goats Cheese and New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. HERE
Our wine tastings make perfect gifts, and we offer Gift Vouchers for all of our events.
Notts Derby Wine School is an independent wine education company, not affiliated to any wine merchants or retailers. We do not sell wine, we run Wine Tastings and Wine Courses for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it (no previous wine tasting experience necessary).
To see all the Wine Tastings and Wine Courses we are running in over the next few months - just click here.
If you are booked on a tasting and are unable to attend please check out our terms and conditions HERE
We also run fabulous courses at other locations across the UK - click here to learn more...
Venues and Times
NottsDerby Wine School uses beautiful venues, in the heart of Nottingham and Derby and easy to reach (We can also offer tastings across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire in other private venues as well as at your own home!)
Nottingham - Jurys Inn
All our Evening Wine Tastings, Saturday Wine Courses and WSET courses in Nottingham are held at the Jurys Inn Hotel.
A great Location in Nottingham City Centre. Only a short walk from the train, tram and bus station. Its an excellent venue for corporate events as well as our evening and Saturday tastings too.
Derby - Jurys Inn
Our Saturday Inroduction To Wine Courses also take place in historic Derby at The Jurys Inn, Another ideal city centre location only 6 minutes from the train station , near the popular Cathedral district, located on the ring road. The hotel itself is well equipped with excellent facilities ideal for our tastings.
Our Saturday courses include a welcome glass of Champagne, a delicious 2-course restaurant lunch, and of course an amazing day sampling delicious wines tutored by a WSET-qualified local wine tutor!
Not sure which course to select? Have a general enquiry about wine tastings or Notts Derby Wine School? Please call us on 0115 772 2041 or 07532214055 and we will be delighted to help.
Or send us a note via the Contact Us page.
WINE TASTING FOR EVERYONE IN NOTTINGHAM AND DERBYSHIRE!
Other Wine Schools
We are proud to be part of the Local Wine School network - the only UK-wide network of independent wine schools. All our centres offer fun wine tastings and courses to suit everyone from absolute beginner to the serious enthusiast.
All our tastings can also be purchased as great gifts that can be redeemed at any of our wine schools across the UK. All our Gift Vouchers have FREE DELIVERY and are VALID for 2 YEARS. Check out our National website for further details - www.localwineschool.com
- Wine Tasting London-West & Wine Courses London-West
- Wine Tasting London-East & Wine Courses London-East
- Wine Tasting London-South & Wine Courses London-South
- Wine Tasting London-North & Wine Courses London-North
- Wine Tasting Edinburgh & Wine Courses Edinburgh
- Wine Tasting Glasgow & Wine Courses Glasgow
- Wine Tasting Manchester & Wine Courses Manchester
- Wine Tasting Liverpool/Chester & Wine Courses Liverpool/Chester
- Wine Tasting Birmingham & Wine Courses Birmingham
- Wine Tasting Leeds/York & Wine Courses Leeds/York
- Wine Tasting Bristol/Bath & Wine Courses Bristol/Bath
- Wine Tasting Newcastle upon Tyne & Wine Courses Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wine Tasting Nottingham & Derby & Wine Courses Nottingham & Derby
- Wine Tasting Brighton/Sussex & Wine Courses Brighton/Sussex
- Wine Tasting Kent/Tunbridge Wells & Wine Courses Kent/Tunbridge Wells
- Wine Tasting Cambridge & Wine Courses Cambridge
- Wine Tasting Norwich & Norfolk & Wine Courses Norwich & Norfolk
- Wine Tasting Essex & Wine Courses Essex
- Wine Tasting Oxford/Cheltenham & Wine Courses Oxford/Cheltenham
- Wine Tasting Shropshire & Wine Courses Shropshire
- Wine Tasting Hertfordshire & Wine Courses Hertfordshire
- Wine Tasting Reading/Windsor/Berkshire & Wine Courses Reading/Berks
- Wine Tasting Lancashire & Wine Courses Lancashire
- Wine Tasting Milton Keynes & Wine Courses Milton Keynes
- Wine Tasting Hampshire - Wine Courses Southampton/Winchester
- Wine Tasting Surrey - Wine Courses & Wine Tastings in Guildford
- Wine Tasting Belfast/N Ireland & Wine Courses Belfast/N Ireland