Channel Your Inner Sommelier at Fischers Baslow Hall
We are working with the spectacular Fischers at Baslow Hall in Derbyshire to host their 'Channel Your Inner Sommelier' tasting events.
Previously The Study, The Wine Room at Fischers has been transformed into a contemporary and sophisticated space where guests can indulge their passion for fine food and wine. The wine room offers the perfect space to learn about wine in an informal and relaxed atmosphere either; privately as a group.
Hosted by Debbie from NottsDerby Wine School and starting promptly at 10am, with a glass of fizz! Debbie will provide you will an informative guide of;
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made – grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! – Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, & describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine – tannin, acidity, oak
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
Discover a range of fascinating wines and grape varieties, improve your senses and learn how to pair wine with food. If you are passionate about wine and would like to learn more, we invite you to explore our tasting options below!
All bookings taken via Fischers at Baslow Hall