Derby Saturday Wine Courses £85
11am to 4pm - including Champagne, delicious 2-course lunch, and a tutored tasting of 12 superb wines.
Passionate about wine & want to learn more? Each course is a fascinating introduction to the world of Wine. Do you want to discover fascinating and delicious new wines & grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different ? Do you want to know which wine to drink with what food? Then these are the courses for you ! It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
Our Derby Saturday Courses take place at Jurys Inn, Kings Road, Derby, DE1 3DB
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, & describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
This is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and taste world-class wines with a delicious lunch crammed in too!
Our Saturday Wine Courses also make a great Gift idea for any occasion!
1100 - 1230 Course – Morning session incl Champagne
1230 – 1345 - 2 course Lunch included.
1345 – 1600 Course – Afternoon session
See below for full Course Details