8 Week World Of Wine Course £95
The 8-week World of Wine Course is designed as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is structured for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it in a fun and relaxed environment. You need no previous experience – the emphasis is on learning by your own experience of tasting the different varieties of wine. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine.
This 8-week Course can also be purchased as a great gift idea- perfect for birthdays and special anniversaries!
- Taste at least 50 delicious wines in 8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will generally be between £5 and £20
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine and food matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing and serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Grenache and others
- Taste the world’s major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc and others
- Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting notes and course notes are all provided
COURSE OUTLINE: WEEK BY WEEK
- Week 1 - Bordeaux and South France
- Week 2 - Australia, New Zealand and South Africa
- Week 3 - Loire, Alsace and Germany
- Week 4 - USA, Chile and Argentina
- Week 5 - Burgundy and Rhone
- Week 6 - Spain and Portugal
- Week 7 - Italy
- Week 8 - Sparkling, Sweet and Fortified
Each week we will examine how different grape varieties, different climates and local wine-making techniques impact on the aromas and flavours of the wine. Through practice and our guidance you will learn how to identify the wine's characteristics for yourself; we show you how to taste and appraise wine like a professional. We believe that the best aide to learning about wine is the process of tasting and comparing for yourself; that is exactly what you will have the chance to do, in our relaxed and informal setting.
Please Note: There is a charge for the cost of the wine (in addition to the £95 course fee) of £10 per evening payable on the night. Great value - the cost of the course is still under £22 per evening.